Some coincidences are stranger than fiction, including this set of Water Sphere facts worthy of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
- The World’s Tallest Water Sphere is located in Union Township, New Jersey.
- Less than one mile from the WTWS is Burnet Junior High School. Nearby is Burnet Avenue.
- Both of these landmarks are named after past Union resident David Gouverneur Burnet.
- Burnet moved to Texas and became the first interim President of the Republic of Texas.
- Burnet Road in Austin, Burnet county, and Burnet, Texas are all named after David Burnet.
- Less than one mile from Burnet Road in Austin is the World’s Tallest Water Sphere Museum.
And there you have it, a strange but true historical linking of the WTWS in Union to the WTWS Museum in Austin.